A longtime advocate for the rights of the disabled, Sara Kafshi now practices exclusively in obtaining Social Security Disability benefits for her clients. She has represented clients in over over one thousand hearings in eight states.
Ms. Kafshi received her Juris Doctor from the University of Maryland School of Law after completing her Bachelor of Arts degree at the University of Delaware and University of Baltimore, where she studied criminal justice, philosophy, and jurisprudence. She previously worked as a child's attorney and representing criminal defendants in Baltimore, MD, as well as interning at the Office of the Prosecuting Attorney in Honolulu, HI.
Ms. Kafshi is admitted to the Maryland Bar, and to practice before the Social Security Administration, a Federal agency. She is also a member of the American Bar Association, the New York City Bar Association, and the Hudson County Bar Association.
Areas of Practice
- Social Security
- Maryland, 2009
- University of Maryland School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- J.D. - 2009
- University of Baltimore, Baltimore, Maryland
- B.A. cum laude - 2005
- Major: Jurisprudence
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member, 2009 - Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 2009 - Present
- New York City Bar Association, Member, 2014 - Present
- Hudson County Bar Association, 2014 - Present
- National Organization of Social Security Claimant's Representatives, Sustaining Member, 2009 - Present